If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mount Batur Volcano, Kopi Luwak, Tegallalang Rice Terrace, Bali 2012



This was our first time view an active volcano, Mount Batur and Lake Batur are located at Kintamani area.

Mount Batur Volcano, and tasik Batur

IMG_0911

 
The weather is a bit cooling here..
IMG_0923


Our local tour guide suggested us to have buffet lunch here ( if i could remembered, about RM 20++ per pax)..
Since we went there quite early, so we were able to get nicer seating area where Mount Batuk just in front of us..
IMG_0908


The buffet here was not impressive, and the food all tasted quite sweet to our liking even fried rice also tasted sweet !! And I noticed that all restaurant here mainly serve to tourists.
 

IMG_0918

Kopi Luwak (coffee Luwak)

When our tour guide suggested us to visit this farm to try Kopi Luwak. Even I know it is expensive and not worth a try (according to my friends), but I still go as I insist to try this expensive coffee and rare coffee which only could be found in Indonesia. 

IMG_0878

IMG_0879

 
Cocoa tree
IMG_0880

IMG_0881

 
These are the coffee beans that passed out from civet cat (musang).
IMG_0883

IMG_0884

 
coffee tree
IMG_0887


We ordered a cup of kopi luwak and we got free to try out six difference coffee and tea (i remembered the lemongrass tea was nice) . IDR 50,000 a cup, about RM 15..(not extremely expensive thought)
 

IMG_0895

 
Is true, this kopi Luwak was nothing special, similar like our local thick coffee here..but at least we tried..
 

IMG_0896

IMG_0893


Tegallalang Rice Terrace

This rice terrace is beautiful, so worth a visit..

IMG_0947

You can order some refreshing drinks and snack or lunch at these cafe ,and relaxing yourself and enjoying the view of this beautiful rice terrace..
 

IMG_0946



IMG_0948


IMG_0962


Below few photos were taken either by my son or husband because I did not followed them walk up to the rice terrace as I tried to avoid hot sun ^_^
IMG_0964


 
I was sitting at one of this café ^_^
IMG_0983


IMG_0981



IMG_0986


IMG_0994


IMG_1009

A local people on his way for praying..
 
IMG_1011


IMG_1014


IMG_1019

11 comments:

Artsylicious said...

Thanks for sharing, after reading your post, I feel like I just visited Bali! :)

chow and chatter said...

how cool and good for you trying the coffee I don't think I could knowing hot its made

Esther Lau said...

Hi Sonia, love your sharing!!!! How good if I be there right now :) Happy Holiday!

My Little Space said...

Boy, that's what I love about nature. Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos.Honestly Sonia, till today I still don't get it ! Why ppl love something that came out with stools & it's expensive too? :o) hehe...
Kristy

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

very nice photos. wish i can be there again!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks for sharing, love seeing the sightseeing pictures.

mui mui said...

Ah Chi,
Lovely pictures!!
Thanks for sharing!
You are avoiding the sun to prevent from being sun dried tomato right ..lol
mui

PH said...

So the kopi luwak not special,ar! I geli lah because come out from the musang. But at least you tried it, so I no need to try :)

Ana Regalado said...

Nice tan , Sonia lol Did you buy some kopi luwak ?

Rose world said...

Beautiful Bali. Always my dream to visit it someday

Choi Yen said...

I had the buffet before too, the food is not good and cold :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin