If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, November 20, 2015

Yellow Glutinous Rice Wine Chicken 黄酒鸡

First time cooking rice wine chicken using my homemade yellow glutinous rice wine, it has no sour taste but sweet and nice wine aroma, yummy!




It is easy to cook this dish, only with few ingredients. 





I added the wine in two batches, the last addition of wine is to give it strong wine aroma. 



You may adjust the rice wine amount to suit your preference. Since i have kids to take this dish, so i didn't add too much of wine. When cooking this dish during confinement time, no water will be added, only added rice wine.

Yellow Glutinous Rice Wine Chicken黄酒鸡

750g chicken (1/2 portion), cut into bite-size chicken, I used Cho Gai
40g black fungus, soak 1hr to shorten, shredded
30g young ginger, shredded
200ml yellow glutinous rice wine, or adjust as per your preference
350ml water

3tbsp sesame oil
1tsp salt or to taste

Method
  1. Heat sesame oil in a wok, add in ginger and stir fry till aroma.
  2. Add in chicken and black fungus, stir fry till chicken colour changed.
  3. Add in half of the wine and all water, add in salt, bring to boil, reduce medium heat and simmer for about 20-25mins or until chicken tendered.
  4. Add the remaining half portion of wine, cook for another 1min. Dish out and serve.


Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover





11 comments:

Copycake kitchen said...

Hmmm....yummy yummy!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Can I check what is a yellow glutinous wine? Is it hua tiao chiew? And where can I purchase the wine from? Thank you

chow and chatter said...

I bet this is full of flavor

Rosita Vargas said...

Ohh con placer me serviría este lindo plato sabroso,abrazos

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

TJ Ang, this wine is difference from hua tiao chiew. you can try at those Chinese herbal shop or sometime wet market do sell.

Unknown said...

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for the reply. Would you able to provide me with the exact brand name of the wine so that i don't get the wrong one instead. Thank you.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

TJ Ang, I don't know as I don't buy from outside , usually I use homemade.

Unknown said...

my house uses homemade grape wine to cook this. much sweeter compared to glutinous wine though.

Unknown said...

Do you have a recipe for homemade yellow wine or grape wine for confinement? Thinking of making

Unknown said...

Do u sell homemade yellow glutinous wine?

Unknown said...

Do u sell homemade yellow glutinous wine?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin